Magnifying your screen
This feature will increase and decrease the size of text and images on the screen for better visibility.
- Press and hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard.
- At the same time as holding the CTRL key:
- press the + key to increase the size of the text and images or
- press the ‘-‘ key to decrease the size of the text and images.
- Keep repeating Step 2 until you reach the desired size. You can return to the standard size by pressing CTRL + ‘0’.
Choose colours used on web pages
Changing the colour of your background, links cannot be achieved unless you download an extension for Google Chrome.
- To install the Change Color extension, either visit the Google Chrome Extensions (link is external) website using Google Chrome and search for the extension named Change Colors or go directly to the Change Color extension(link is external).
- Click on the install button to install the Change Color extension.
- Once installed, you will see the Change Colors icon at end of URL field.
- Right-click on the icon and select Options to change background colour, text colour, links colour and visited links colour.
- Once your options have been set, you can click on the icon to apply/remove your colour options.
Choose the font style and size used on web pages
- Select the Tools menu (Shortcut: ALT + F).
- Select Options (Shortcut: O).
- Select the Under the Hood tab.
- In the web Content section, click Change fonts and language settings.
- Select the Fonts and Encoding tab and select the font settings you want to use.
Click the link to visit Google's up-to-date list of shortcuts for Google Chrome.