The history of Corpus Christi is the story of a community that began even before the Church that represents us today was completed in 1927. As we celebrate Corpus Christi Parish's 100th year we remember the priests, religious and laypeople who led, supported and served the community from the day of its founding to the present day and we remember those who formed the body of the community itself. It was this sense of body that led to the building of the church. Remembering their work, we celebrate the fruits of it: today and tomorrow, the church is being thrown open to the public. Underscoring the point that a parish is its people, volunteers will lead friends and neighbours through our space, so they can learn about our beautiful stained glass windows crafted by Italian-Canadian master Guido Nincheri and about our mural by acclaimed Canadian painter and parishioner, William Kurelek, whose works also hang in the AGO. At various points, they will be able to enjoy the strains of familiar choral pieces as our choirs practice liturgical music from the choir loft.
Tours run on Saturday, September 28, from 1:00 to 3:00 pm & on Sunday, September 29, from 12:00 to 2:00 pm Please join this very special event.